What is the Use of Hard Disk Defrag?
How to Defrag Hard Disk?
Alltutorials will show you how to defrag the correct hard disk. Just follow these easy steps:
- First, delete the files that are not needed. This will speed up the defrag process and improve overall computer performance.
- Clear history and cache of all browsers on your PC.
- Empty your Recycle Bin.
- Use an existing Disk Cleanup in Windows to remove unnecessary files. Click Start → Accessories → System Tools → Disk Cleanup. You can also use apps like Auslogics BoostSpeed.
- Use the disk check application (Chkdsk) to fix disk errors and other problems before running defrag.
- Create a backup system by creating a System Restore Point using Windows System Tools before running Defrag. Click Start → Accessories → System Tools → System Restore.
- Disable Windows pagefile. Click Start → Control Panel → System → Advanced. Click the Performance → Settings tab. In the Virtual memory section, click Change. Select NO for the paging file option, click Set.
Other Hard Disk Defrag Applications
- Auslogic Disk Defrag, got a 5 star rating from an editor on CNet. This app is lightweight, free and easy to use. Accompanied also with various advanced features for a free app.
- Defraggler, a lightweight, easy to use and portable app. Support for NTFS and FAT32 files.