1. Always use Incognito mode when outsideWhen traveling, you sometimes need a computer or laptop like to access email and social media. To do these activities, it takes the internet network.
Incognito mode feature is very useful when accessing important data while surfing the internet, especially in public places. When entering in this mode, you do not need to worry too much about the data stored, even when you forget to press the logout button. Incognito mode is a privacy feature on the website to disable history and cache browsing.
2. Use AntivirusWhen buying a new computer, many people worry about its security features. These concerns make them install multiple security applications as well as antivirus and antispyware. In fact, this will burden the performance of computers that impact on performance.
To overcome such problems, currently OS like Windows 10 already provides a congenital antivirus. But if it still feels lacking, you just install one more antivirus in accordance with the desired.
3. Always update OS and appsThere are some people who do not care about the latest version of the OS or the applications used on the computer. Various reasons are spoken like the old update process until the computer performance will decrease.
Using the latest versions of OS and apps is one way to keep your computer safe. In addition to security related, the process of updating especially the OS will actually improve the performance of the computer.
4. Change password periodicallyChanging passwords regularly every six months to a year is highly recommended. In addition, we recommend using strong passwords with various combinations in them such as letters, numbers and symbols.
You can use the calendar application to give notice if it's time to change the password. You can also use a number of password manager apps to manage passwords on various online accounts.
If you frequently work offline, it will definitely store data and documents on the available storage drives. To prevent data loss caused by various things, you can perform the backup process.
5. Backup of important data and documents
Currently there are many cloud services like OneDrive or Dropbox to store data and documents online. For those who rarely connect to the internet, can store the data on a flash or external hard disk.
One of the activities that is often done using a computer is online shopping. In addition to saving time and effort, items sold on online shopping sites are also much cheaper. However, you should be careful and do not make any payments online.
6. Do not carelessly make online payments
Use a trusted e-Commerce platform for payment system. To prevent fraud, avoid giving personal data and account numbers when shopping privately.
7. Ignore spam messagesComputer users often receive chain messages containing promotions or interesting ads on various social media. This is very dangerous, especially if it turns out it is a spam message. Therefore, never open a link in the spam message.
The first thing to do is make sure the link is genuine and not the trap of a cyber criminal. Use Google to check the official website of received messages. Immediately delete if it turns out the message is suspicious.
Seven tips above actually not only applies to computer users, but also the users of other gadgets such as smartphones and laptops.
inspiration tutorial from jalantikus.com