Benefits of milk for adults
- Maintain bone health. The benefits of this one is unquestionable. Milk is a good source of calcium and vitamin D for bone health. Every adult needs about 1000 mg of calcium per day. One way to meet these needs is to drink milk and consume other dairy products, such as cheese and yoghurt.
- Nourish the brain. A study at the University of Kansas, United States, showed that those who regularly consume milk have higher levels of glutathione in the body than those who do not drink milk. Glutathione is a good antioxidant for the brain. The presence of antioxidants can prevent brain cells from free radical damage from food or pollution.
- Prevents high blood pressure. Milk contains potassium (potassium) is high and good for maintaining healthy blood vessels. This will prevent an increase in blood pressure as you get older and generally maintain heart health.
- Build muscle. For those who want to have good posture with strong muscles, milk can be an intake of choice to accompany regular exercise. Milk contains a good protein for muscle formation.
- Prevent depression. Probably not many know that milk contains vitamin D which can trigger the formation of serotonin in the body. Serotonin is a compound that plays a role in the regulation of sleep rhythm, mood, and even appetite. High levels of serotonin in the body will prevent a person from depression.